Friday, April 23, 2010

Bought the iPad

So, I decided to pre-order the all new 16GB Wi-Fi + 3G iPad. Should be getting it around the second week in May. Access to the 3G network was only $15 per month and no contract. That means, I don’t have to look for all those Wi-Fi hot spots. I’ll be able to login anywhere/anytime with 24/7 access. BTW, AT&T did not pay me to say what I just said. :)

How do I plan to use the iPad? Here’s an example. Last Saturday I bought new tires and had to wait 2 hours. So, I walked to McDonald's, ordered a cup of coffee and read the newspaper cover to cover. Instead, I could have used those same two hours working in my classes over the same cup of coffee at McDonald's. Could I have done that using my MacBook? Yes, I could have. But the Wow! factor just would not have been there.

So, should we start a blog on how we can use the iPad in our profession? Another one of my visions is to have CCCOnline be a premier online college that is known for being iPad friendly. I think it would neat if we could come up with some cool applications designed just for us. That's the Wow! factor I'm talking about!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al, creating some CCCOnline iPad apps would be awesome! I think we'll continue to see a shift toward not only the iPad but also mobile learning in general, so it will be interesting to see how this all develops.

    ReplyDelete